Personal Data Protection Act 2010 CONSENT
– PERSONAL DATA NOTICE –
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and its regulations, this notice is issued to all our valued customers and/ or prospective customers and/or registered customer in this apps. This Notice is to inform you about your rights with regards to your personal data that has been and/ or will be, collected and processed by us.
Collection and processing of personal data
We will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/ or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with Cuckoo International (MAL) Sdn Bhd (Company No. 1102894-H) or any of its subsidiary(ies), its associated company(ies), its joint venture partners, including of all of its shareholder(s), its director(s), its employee(s), its supplier(s), its contractor(s) and/ or its permitted person(s) (“we”, “our”, “us” or “Company”). Your personal data enables us to achieve the Purpose in clause 3 herein that are in connection with our business.
Description of personal data
The personal data that you will provide may include but not limited to your name, age, identity card number or passport number, address of correspondence, including office address, gender, date of birth, marital status, details of children and/or guardian(s), occupation, income range, contact information, including e-mail address, mobile number, house number, facsimile number, and office number, details of employer, details of dependants and/or family members, race, religion, nationality, photo and etc.
The collection and processing of personal data includes but not limited to the following purposes:
- Agreements & Arrangements
- Entry into necessary agreements, contracts, memorandum, contest, and/or arrangements to purchase the products or services from us;
- Credit assessments and other background checks as deemed necessary or appropriate by us;
- Collection of outstanding payments from our clients under the agreements;
- Delivery of notice, documents, forms, and other documents under the agreements, contracts, memorandum and/or arrangements;
- Necessary performance of other obligations under the agreements, contracts, memorandum and/or arrangements;
- We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials.
- Services & Products
- Delivery of our main services and products whether present or future, include Water Purifier, Air Purifier, Multi Pressure Cooker and others small home appliances, etc;
- Customer relationship management procedures whichever we deem necessary and fit;
- Client profiling activities in connection with our services and products;
- Communication with you and delivery of information by e-mail, telecommunication means, including telephone calls or text messages or social media about products and services offered by Class Of Third Parties under clause 8 herein;
- Such other purposes provided for in our particular services or products offered by us;
- Internal Record & External (Marketing)
- Marketing of our products/ services to you whether present or future;
- For purposes relating to any of the above, including but not limited to research, benchmarking and statistical analysis;
- Internal record keeping;
- Legal Compliance
- Prevention, hindrance, reporting of any crime including but not limited to fraud, bribery and money laundering; and
- Compliance to any legal or regulatory requirements relating to the provision of our services/ products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any associated, subsidiary, related companies of our group.
The sources that we may obtain your personal data includes but not limited to booking forms, registration forms, online forms, agreements you have signed, name cards or any identity materials that you have distributed voluntarily; and business directory(ies) or listing(s) that you have subscribed to share your information, etc.
Class of Third Parties
Generally, your personal data with us will be kept confidential. You hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties:
- our associated, subsidiary, related companies of the Company;
- our business partners including business affiliates, retailers, distributors, agents, merchant that provide, supply, distribute or deal in general with our services or products in connection with our business and in relation to our loyalty programs and other programs;
- our auditors, business consultants, accountants, lawyers, research assistants, or other professional advisers and/or consultants as we deem necessary and appropriate;
- our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as we deem necessary or appropriate, including outsourced property management or marketing companies or entities;
- any person to whom we are compelled to or required under law or in response to a local or state or federal authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorized by law.
It is obligatory for you to supply your personal data to us in the most accurate manner. Failing which, we are unable to process your personal data on your behalf and for the Purpose stated in clause 3 herein and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
Right to request access to personal data
You are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable notice.
Right to request correction of personal data
You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, collected and held by us with reasonable notice.
Right to limit/withdraw consent of processing of your personal data
You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full, your consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
Contact to make inquiries and complaints regarding personal data
If you intend to exercise your rights in clause 7 or to make inquiries or complaints regarding your personal data, our policies, procedures in relation to processing your personal data, you may contact the relevant department as follows:
Department : Cuckoo Malaysia Careline Team
Contact No. : 1800 88 8181
Fax No. : 03 7453 8899
E-mail address : email@example.com
Postal address : Cuckoo International (MAL) Sdn Bhd (HQ) 16th Floor, Menara Bangkok Bank, Laman Sentral Berjaya, No.105,Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes To This PDPA consent
This PDPA consent is effective as of (add date) and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
If we make any material changes to this PDPA consent, we will notify you either through the email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.
Extent of disclosure of personal data
Your personal data may be disclosed by a data user for any purpose other than the purpose for which the personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to that purpose, only under the following circumstances:
- the data subject has given his consent to the disclosure;
- the disclosure —
- is necessary for the purpose of preventing or detecting a crime, or for the purpose of investigations; or
- was required or authorized by or under any law or by the order of a court;
- the data user acted in the reasonable belief that he had in law the right to disclose the personal data to the other person;
- the data user acted in the reasonable belief that he would have had the consent of the data subject if the data subject had known of the disclosing of the personal data and the circumstances of such disclosure; or
- the disclosure was justified as being in the public interest in circumstances as determined by the Minister.